The aim of this module is to use the knowledge particularly in the field of social psychology, work and organizational psychology and personality psychology, focusing on social and communication skills of managers to improve these skills and thus to improve the efficiency of meetings, improved team cooperation, stronger position in negotiations, improving the atmosphere in the working environment and reduce stress.
In this module we will address the social and communication skills, particularly effective communication, assertiveness on the theoretical and practical level. We will learn how the social relations, how the social communication and perception, and the more we can control. Also, we focus on minimizing conflict and emotional intelligence, listening skills, social habits, automatic responses, self-development, assertive responses, constructive criticism and praise art.
The most important course takeaways cover:
- Uncover and define your own communication style
- Increase your self-awareness and understand how your actions and words affect others
- Use communication as an extension of interpersonal skills and personal leadership choices
- Recognize what motivates others, and communicate to them according to their needs
- Communicate with empathy and compassion
- Inspire people by appealing to their emotions
- Defuse and respond to difficult circumstances
- Course Contents:
- Why effective communication helps an organization gain a competitive advantage
- The communication process, and the role of perception in communication
- Communication networks that exist in groups and teams.
- Important communication skills that managers need as senders and receivers of messages
- The role of Emotional Intelligence in communication: being more self-aware, controlling defensive impulses, aligning your actions with your values, managerial compassion vs. holding people accountable
- Choosing the best communication approach to given situations
- Avoiding misperceptions and the self-fulfilling prophesies that negative prejudgments can create
- Coping with irrational “attacks”
- The art of giving and receiving feedback
- How hierarchy and power affect communication
- Honouring individual differences, building trust and respect
doc. PhDr. Ing. Jan Urban, CSc.
Člen správní rady European Business School SE. Vyučuje na instituci Ústavu práva a právní vědy a European Business School SE předměty v oblasti řízení lidských zdrojů (HR).